background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

For those who risk their lives for us..

I have been overwhelmed with emotions from last nights riot in Vancouver.

I stayed up late last night watching the clips from all the different News Stations.
Shocked and horrified at what I saw.
For those who live downtown I am sure you have a different perspective. But for those of us that live on the outskirts, watching it felt like watching a bad movie or clips from some other Country we barely know. 
No way could this be our Vancouver?
But it was.
And I am shaken. 
It just goes to show how dark the human soul can be. 
How within minutes we can be swayed into doing what we know is wrong , just because the person beside us decides for some bizarre reason, it's right.
Not only were cars burned, but  business damaged, stores looted and our beautiful city and all who make up what is right in it, forever disgraced. 
And I hate to say it, but - These weren't all skum bags that make -up the population of our normal day to day " bad guys." 
Majority were " normal" people - Canuck fans, brothers, Father's, Son's and Mothers...
And that scares me. 
What on Earth  has happened to our World?

Some of the clips that have haunted me the most have been the scenes with the Police officers.
 People spitting in their face, taunting them, calling them " pigs"

How DARE you.
How for one second do you think it's o.k to do what you did.
Because never has that been ok.
I called my brother - in law this morning to make sure he was o.k. 
He got a emergency call to go and and deal with the Riots last night.
And I didn't know I would but I broke down, sobbing, and I said 
Thank-you.
Thank-you for risking your life everyday for human kind. 
Thank-you for trying to protect and fight for our city.
Because last night when we needed you most, you were there. 

P.S: Here is the informal definition of a "pig:"
 a dirty, greedy, or bad-mannered person.

 And of a Police officer:
A body of persons making up such a department, trained in methods of law enforcement and crime prevention and detection and authorized to maintain the peace, safety, and order of the community.
And a Firefighter:
the department of local government responsible for preventing and extinguishing fires,  a person who cares for persons or property.

So to all of you who risk your lives in your job for US everyday,

I sincerely -Thank - you




No comments:

Post a Comment